Business law can be complex. All businesses need legal support from time to time.
Business law services
We can help with many general legal needs, including:
- Business formation and dissolution (business organizations like corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies)
- Employment and shareholder agreements
- Partnership and limited liability company agreements
- Commercial contracts
- Routine business operations
- Joint ventures and other business combinations
At some point, you may face more contentious issues. We assist clients with disputes such as:
- Partner disputes, including “business divorce”
- Family business disputes
- Separating the family business in divorce
If you are on the verge of litigation or in a case that has stalled, you and your litigation counsel might benefit from having a new party re-open lines of communication and aid in creative solution generation. Settlement counsel, brought in for limited representation in an effort to break the logjam, can be helpful.
Networking to provide you with full service
As a former big-firm lawyer, Jeff knows the value of having a large network of professionals to help clients as their needs become complex. If a project is outside our areas of expertise or firm resources, we can refer you to one of the trusted advisors in our network who specializes in what you need, whether it is litigation, intellectual property, tax, environmental matters, contested family matters or securities offerings. We can also help you manage specialists to control costs.
If your business needs counsel on a regular basis, a fixed fee or retainer billing system may work better for you than hourly billing. It is like having a part-time general counsel.