Mediation is a way to turbo-charge your negotiations by using a neutral third party to channel discussions down a productive path
A way to resolve disagreements without a judge or jury.
A way to reach agreement faster and with less expense than taking a battle all the way to the end.
A way to set the framework for future decision making.
Most cases settle before trial. Why not sooner rather than later?
- It can be a facilitated negotiation that encourages practical decision-making.
- It can be a way for parties to reach beyond entrenched positions.
- It can be a way to slice through the complexities of a dispute.
- It can be a way to bring in elements of a business or personal relationship that may not be admissible in court, or to agree on elements of a resolution that are beyond the scope of a court’s power.
- It can be a forum for examining credibility and uncertainty in even the strongest of cases.
- It can concern an entire case, or only a subset of issues (including discovery).
- It can be an opportunity for each side to present its story to a neutral party, while serving as a reminder that the court is waiting in the wings if the parties do not reach agreement.
We’re committed to finding a process just right for each client.
- Business and commercial disputes, including disputes between businesses and consumers.
- Partnership Disputes and other “business divorce” cases.
- Divorce and post-decree matters, including those involving family businesses.
- Pro bono mediation for selected cases referred by litigators.
Please keep in mind that in most cases mediation is confidential and settlement discussions are privileged. Consult with counsel prior to mediation if you have a concern.
Consider whether now is the time to try mediation to resolve your case.